Enjoy the simplicity of a stroll through 2,000 acres of natural bush. The bushland surrounding Nundoobah Retreat was acquired from a local timber milling company progressively during the 1970’s and natural regrowth over 25 years has created a beautiful bushland setting. The original logging trails have been made into walking tracks with creek crossings, suitable for walking or mountain bike riding. Birdlife is abundant and koalas, ring-tail possums and other native fauna are occasionally sighted.
Activities available on the property include:
- Bushwalking along the original logging trails. Walks range from 15 minutes to 2 ½ hours. Maps and markers are provided.
- Mountain Biking – each cottage comes complete with two mountain bikes (and helmets) which can be used on the logging trails or to cycle to Taree or Wingham
- Glide along the picturesque Dawson River by double-kayak, row boat or stand-up paddleboard. This is a beautiful way to explore the river.
- Tennis – make use of the synthetic grass court which has flood lights for night tennis (rackets and balls available on request)
- Golf – the property has its own small practice putting green. When you’ve perfected your putting you may wish to visit one of the many nearby golf courses (see more).
- Boating – Nundoobah Retreat has its own boat ramp. Bring your own boat and explore the beautiful Manning Valley waterways. The Dawson River meets the Manning River, Australia’s only double delta river system, with entrances at Harrington and Old Bar. (see more)
- Pampering – You might like to indulge in a massage treatment in the privacy of your own cottage. Please advise Maurie or De if you would like to book a massage when you reserve your cottage.